renomakani.com

renomakani.com
renomakani.com

Monday, September 5

South Swell Rocks California "Biggest Surf in 10 years"

It all started down under with a low pressure that ended up slamming Tahiti Saturday, August 27 with one of the most mental tow sessions ever that was broadcasted live all over the globe thanks to Billabong Pro & ASP. The swell was so strong that it charged threw the pacific and delivered 8-10 waves in Hawaii, finally hitting California on Wednesday Aug 31. I surfed five days in a row with the biggest day being about 6+ Hawaiian thursday mid afternoon...


Here are the Crazy highlights from the Teahupo'o Tow Session Tahiti 



Acces granted...


I think this swell was maxing out many California surf spots...


Driving off the bottom on my new Spyder 6'6...



Here's a little teaser video I made...


 Captured in the moment about to get airborne...


 Vertical...


 High speed slam right off the drop. 1st Point Malibu, about 200+ surfers to the left of me...



I broke my 6'1 early in the morning before sets like this starting rolling in...
Till next time thanks & Mahalo Reno Makani