renomakani.com

renomakani.com
renomakani.com

Thursday, August 25

Hurricane Irene>A Surfers Dream?

Looks like I'll be Ridding this out. I'm unable to get any flights out from Norfolk Virginia. Fear? No! I just wish I had a wave runner so that I could Tow Surf this hurricane...



So it started off as just a little tropical storm...









In the early stages Hurricane Irene was not looking that bad...






Then the threat was without a doubt... 






Once I realized Hurricane Irene was a major threat I decided to head for shelter...






Here is a view from Space...


I rented a car and started driving north. From all the people leaving Virginia I encountered 7 hours of traffic to get to Washington DC...

Made it to DC right in time to catch this amazing sunset. 
Photo "The Geese That Run Capital Hill"

Throughout its path, Irene caused widespread destruction and at least eleven deaths. Monetary losses to the Caribbean could be as high as US$3.1 billion according to preliminary estimates. All and all I think that it could have been allot worse. RM